Prep to Year 6 Primary Programs
The Noosa Tutoring Centre’s Primary programs offers your child new and exciting opportunities and challenges and focus on reading, writing, comprehension and numeracy skills.
One to One tuition with each primary student allows your child to develop at a rate that is right for them. One to One tuition will provide them with a solid foundation for future learning.
All Noosa Tutoring Centre programs are tailored to your child’s individual needs whether they require remedial assistance or accelerated learning.
Primary students can come to us for either literacy or numeracy lessons or both. Session times vary depending on the needs of each individual primary student. Some primary students will need to attend two thirty minute sessions a week to secure knowledge and perhaps catch them up. Others may come for a forty-five minute session to consolidate information and help them understand knew topics being covered at school.
We know each student is an individual and will learn in an individual way.
After a diagnostic assessment our director will have an in depth discussion with you to help you decide how to help your child learn to the best of their capabilities.
The Primary programs offer a variety of options:
- A diagnostic assessment of your child’s strengths and challenges in literacy and numeracy.
- Individualised intensive reading tutoring that turns non readers into readers. Our Keys to Reading program supports reading strategies and decoding skills.
- Keys to Reading* is a proven reading strategy that focuses on reading, spelling and comprehension.
- Experienced staff utilise visualisation and verbalisation techniques for language comprehension to ensure your child understands what they are reading .
- Practical Maths sessions use a hands on approach which ensures fundamental numeracy skills prior to more complex problems.
- NAPLAN and exam preparation workshops that build confidence and reduce stress.
- Scholarship preparation workshops that extend gifted children and encourage success.
- A 6 to 7 Transition Program : A ten week program that addresses challenges facing students transitioning to their first year of High School.
*It is only available at Noosa Tutoring Centre as a part of The Learning Centre Group.
Contact Noosa Tutoring Centre near you for more information or send an email via our Location and Contact web form.